15-Minute Sautéed Fennel SalmonThis is a great way to enjoy fennel. The flavor of the fennel wonderfully complements the rich taste of salmon for a complete meal that takes only 15 minutes to prepare!
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1-1/2 lbs salmon fillet, cut into 8 pieces, skin and bones removed
- 1 TBS + 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 large fennel bulb sliced thin, save 1 TBS chopped green tops to use for garnish
- 2 TBS fresh squeezed lemon juice
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Season salmon with a little salt and white pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in 10-12 inch stainless steel skillet. Healthy Sauté fennel bulb in broth over medium heat for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add 1/4 cup broth, lemon juice, pinch salt and pepper, and place salmon on top.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes. Do not overcook fennel, or it will lose its flavor. Sprinkle with chopped green fennel tops. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.