Poached Cod with Fennel and CauliflowerIf you want to enjoy great flavor along with an excellent source of vitamins, add this easy-to-prepare recipe to your Healthiest Way of Eating. The recipe creates a delicious broth, which you will want to savor to the very last drop.
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Slice onion and chop garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health-promoting properties.
- Rub cod with lemon juice and season with a little salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a 12 inch stainless steel skillet. Healthy Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add rest of broth and carrots. Simmer on medium heat for about 10 minutes covered.
- Add cauliflower, fennel, and garlic. Place cod on top and continue to cook covered for about 6 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper
- Serve cod with vegetables and broth. Sprinkle with chopped fennel greens.