10-Minute Kiwi MandalaAdd a bit of sweet to your Healthiest Way of Eating with this mosaic of kiwifruit and strawberries. Most people don't realize that a kiwifruit has more vitamin C than an orange!
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 8-oz low-fat vanilla or soy yogurt
- 3 TBS fresh orange juice
- 1 TBS cream honey*
- 1/2 tsp grated orange rind**
- 1/4 tsp grated lemon rind**
- 1 kiwifruit
- 4 strawberries
- Optional: 2 TBS chopped walnuts or pecans, orange zest for topping
- In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, orange juice, honey and grated orange and lemon rind, making sure the honey is completed blended into the yogurt.
- Place in 2 shallow soup dishes.
- Peel the kiwifruit and slice into 1/8" rounds.
- Take the stems off of the strawberries and cut them lengthwise into 4 pieces.
- Arrange the fruit in a beautiful pattern on top of the yogurt mixture and sprinkle with some grated orange rind and nuts if desired.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 hour so that the yogurt is well chilled.
*Cream honey is whipped honey found in most health food stores.
**Use an organic orange and lemon, if possible, to avoid wax coating.