Enjoy a complete vegetable protein when starting your day with a nutrient-rich quinoa breakfast. In comparison to cereal grasses like wheat, quinoa is higher in fat content and can provide valuable amounts of heart-healthy fats as well as antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. Breakfast is known as the most important meal of the day and our Quinoa Breakfast Bowl is a great way to energize you and satiate your hunger until lunch. The wealth of health-protective nutrients in this power breakfast include providing 201% DV (Daily Value) for manganese, 67% DV for vitamin B1, 51% DV for folate, 49% DV for vitamin B2, 44% DV for protein, 44% DV for zinc, 36% DV for vitamin B6, and 36% DV for vitamin E, and much more!
Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup blueberries, raspberries, or a combination
- 1 TBS pumpkin seeds
- 1-1/2 tsp flax seeds
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- pinch of cinnamon
- Rinse quinoa well in a fine mesh strainer.
- Add quinoa, water and pinch of salt in a saucepan, cover and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low, keep covered, and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Gather other ingredients while quinoa is cooking.
- Place hot quinoa in a bowl and top with remaining ingredients.
Note: if you are using pre-packaged quinoa, it's best to follow the directions for cooking on the package.