Poached Eggs over Spinach & MushroomsDon't reserve this meal just for breakfast; it's great for lunch or dinner as well. You may not think to enjoy vegetables with eggs, but it is a wonderful combination and a way to include more vegetables in your Healthiest Way of Eating. Frozen vegetables are a good choice when fresh is not available and it is also very convenient when you don't have much time. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Chop onions and garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance their health-promoting properties.
- Add 1 tsp vinegar to water in a 10-inch skillet.
- While water is coming to a high simmer, in a separate skillet heat 1 TBS broth. Healthy Sauté onion and mushrooms in broth for 3 minutes over medium heat stirring frequently.
- Add tomato, garlic, spinach, salt and pepper and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- When water comes to a high simmer poach eggs for about 5 minutes, or until whites are firm. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and place over spinach mixture.