Salmon with Cucumber Chili SaladEnjoy this refreshing salmon salad for lunch or dinner as part of your Healthiest Way of Eating. It is an excellent source of vitamin D and provides 105% of the Daily Value for omega-3 fatty acids. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
- To Quick Broil salmon, preheat broiler and place an all stainless steel skillet (be sure the handle is also stainless steel) or cast iron pan under the heat for about 10 minutes to get it very hot. The pan should be 5 to 7 inches from the heat source.
- Rub salmon with 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper. (You can Quick Broil with the skin on; it just takes a minute or two longer. The skin will peel right off after cooking.)
- While pan is heating, prepare the remaining five ingredients.
- Using a hot pad, pull pan away from heat and place salmon on hot pan, skin side down. Return to broiler. Keep in mind that it is cooking rapidly on both sides so it will be done very quickly, usually in 7 minutes depending on thickness. Test with a fork for doneness. It will flake easily when it is cooked. Salmon is best when it is still pink inside.
- While salmon is cooking, whisk together lemon juice, soy sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper. When ready to serve toss with cucumber mixture. Do not toss ahead as it will dilute the flavor.
- Place cucumber salad on a platter and place salmon on top. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro and serve.