Lemon Fish with Puree of Sweet PeasThe combination of lemon flavored fish with the sweet peas in this recipe is a great way to enjoy a Healthiest Way of Eating meal in just 25 minutes. The peas are a not only a great alternative to rice but add extra health-promoting nutrients and flavor as well. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting qualities.
- Mix together minced lemon rind, lemon juice, chopped parsley, salt, and cayenne.
- Rub cod filets generously with mixture and place in baking dish. Place fish in oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes.
- While fish is baking, heat 1 TBS broth in a 10 inch stainless steel skillet.
Healthy Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent. Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute. Add 3 TBS broth, peas, sunflower seeds, salt and pepper, and heat for about 3 minutes.
- Purée pea mixture in blender, scraping the sides with a rubber spatula from time to time to mix well.
- Serve cod with peas. If there is a little juice in the pan, you can drizzle it over the fish and peas.