5-Minute Kale with Sea VegetablesTry this unusual combination of two great World's Healthiest Foods— kale and sea vegetables! And it only takes a matter of minutes to prepare.
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound kale
- Mediterranean Dressing
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 medium clove garlic, pressed or finely chopped
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3-1/2 TBS chopped dulse, rinsed (sea vegetable)
- Chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting properties.
- Fill bottom of steamer with 2 inches of water and bring to boil.
- While water is coming to a boil, slice kale leaves into 1/2-inch slices, and cut again crosswise. Cut stems into 1/4-inch slices. Let kale sit for at least 5 minutes.
- When water comes to a boil, add kale to steamer basket and cover. Steam for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and toss with Mediterranean Dressing ingredients and dulse. Mediterranean Dressing does not have to be made separately. For the best flavor, toss with dressing while kale is still hot.