WHFoods Menu: Spicy Black Bean BurritoThis easy-to-prepare burrito is a great meatless addition to your World's Healthiest Foods Menu.
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minuts
- 1-15 oz can of black beans (non-BPA)
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 TBS low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- Top with fresh Tomato Salsa
- Dice onions and chop garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Dice bell peppers.
- Heat 5 TBS broth or water over low heat (if your burner is medium output) in a stainless steel skillet, covered. Do not us high output burner.
As soon as broth begins to steam, add onions and bell peppers and cook, covered with a tight fitting lid for 7 minutes. Stir once broth has evaporated so they won't stick to pan should not be burnt.
- Add garlic, black beans, olive oil, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap 1/2 of mixture and 1 oz of cheese into each of the two tortillas.
- Top with salsa.