WHFoods Menu: Satisfying Strawberry SmoothieIf you feel you don't have time for a healthy breakfast try our nutrient-rich Satisfying Strawberry Smoothie. Recent studies have scored strawberries 27th among all commonly consumed U.S. foods (both fruits and non-fruits) in terms of their total antioxidant capacity! Combine the strawberries with the other ingredients in this recipe and you will find this smoothie is a great way to jump start your day and help satiate your hunger until lunch. The wealth of health-protective nutrients in this smoothie include 246% DV for vitamin K, 198% DV for manganese, 189% DV for vitamin C, 48% DV for folate and vitamin B1, 46% DV for fiber, 44% DV for magnesium, 38% DV for niacin, 30% DV for vitamin E, and 23% DV for protein. And much more!
Prep and Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 cups fresh spinach or curly kale
- 1/2 medium banana, fresh or frozen cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks (of 1/2 cup apple, chopped)
- 1 cup coconut water
- 3 1" cubes tofu
- 3-4 ice cubes (optional)
- Water or coconut water to thin
- Optional: 1/2-1 tsp grated ginger
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. If too thick, add water or coconut water to thin.