5-Minute "Quick Broiled" SalmonThis is a great way to prepare Salmon that seals in its wonderful juices, brings out its best flavor and retains its moisture. It is not necessary to turn the Salmon over as it cook from both sides simultaneously.
Prep and Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 lb Salmon fillets, with skin, cut into 2 pieces
- 2 tsp + 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium clove garlic
- *For skinless Salmon reduce cooking time by 1-2 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler on high and place an all stainless steel skillet (be sure the handle is also stainless steel) or cast iron pan under the heat for about 10 minutes to get it very hot. The pan should be 5-7 inches from the heat.
- While the pan is heating, press or finely chop garlic and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Rub Salmon with 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Using a hot pad, pull pan away from heat and place Salmon on hot pan, skin side down. Return to broiler. Keep in mind that it is cooking rapidly on both sides so it will be done very quickly, usually in 5 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Test with a fork for doneness. It will flake easily when it is cooked. Salmon is best when it is still pink inside. The skn will peel right off after cooking.
- Dress with olive oil, 1 TBS lemon juice, garlic, and salt and pepper.