5-Minute Black Beans - No CookingYou can now find many brands of organic, ready-to-eat canned Black Beans that are healthier and tastier than conventionally produced Black Beans. This recipe takes just minutes to prepare and can be served as a side dish or used in other recipes such as Black Bean burritos.
Prep and Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 - 15 oz can (BPA free) Black beans, preferably organic
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil (or to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: top with salsa
- Press or finely chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Drain liquid from canned Black Beans and rinse under cold running water; this helps prevent intestinal gas.
- Combine all ingredients, mix and enjoy!
Healthy Cooking Tips:
- For richer flavor you may want to add more olive oil.
- If you are going to heat the mixture, add garlic, salt, and pepper, but not olive oil. Heat on medium-low in a covered saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in the olive oil before serving.