Mediterranean Dressing 2Time Saver: This dressing can be made ahead and used on many of the vegetable recipes on this website.(Taken from page 351 of the 2nd Edition of the World's Healthiest Foods book.)
Prep and Cook Time: 3 minutes
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, sea salt, and pepper.
- Slowly pour the Extra Virgin Olive Oil into the mixture while whisking constantly. The more slowly you pour and the faster you whisk, the thicker and creamier the dressing will be.
The dressing will store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. It will solidify, so you will need to bring it back to room temperature before using.
To add additional flavor and nutrition to this dressing, you can add any of the following minced fresh herbs such as basil or cilantro, minced onion, curry powder, honey, finely diced avocado, or red bell pepper. (If using avocado or bell pepper, use the dressing immediately.)
Optional: Substitute the lemon juice in the recipe with balsamic vinegar for a sweeter taste.
Yields about 1-1/3 cup