Sautéed Mushrooms with Green PeasEnjoy this easy-to-prepare recipe for a tasty complement to many of your favorite dishes.
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb medium crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 TBS low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 lb frozen green peas
- 1 TBS sunflower seeds
- Mediterranean Dressing
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Chop or press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting properties.
- Heat 3 TBS broth over medium heat in a stainless steel skillet.
- When broth begins to steam, add the sliced mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add green peas and saute for 4 more minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl. For more flavor, toss crimini mushrooms with the remaining ingredients while they are still hot. The Mediterranean Dressing does not need to be made separately.
- Top with sunflower seeds.