Poached Eggs Over Spinach and Mushrooms 2Spinach and mushrooms make a great combination. Using frozen spinach makes this a quick-and-easy combination to enjoy both at breakfast and dinner.
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 package frozen spinach (or use fresh spinach and follow instructions for 1-Minute Spinach)
- 1/2 lb crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 TBS low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 medium fresh garlic, pressed
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs, preferably organic, poached
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Thaw spinach or place in boiling water until thawed.
- Drain and press out excess water from spinach.
- Heat 3 TBS broth over medium heat in a stainless steel skillet.
- When broth begins to steam, add sliced mushrooms and sauté for 4 minutes. Add spinach and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl. For more flavor, toss crimini mushrooms and spinach with the remaining ingredients while they are still hot.
- When water comes to a high simmer, poach eggs for about 5 minutes, or until whites are firm. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and place over spinach and mushroom mixture.