3-Minute ScallopsFor great flavor without the use of heated fats or oils, "Healthy Sauté" your scallops.
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 lb bay scallops or sea scallops
- 1 TBS low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Press or finely chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting benefits.
- Heat 1 TBS broth over medium heat in a stainless steel skillet.
- When broth begins to steam, add scallops and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes stirring frequently. After 2 minutes, turn scallops over and let cook on the other side for 1 minute. Scallops cook very quickly so watch your cooking time. Overcooked scallops become tough. (If you are using larger sea scallops, you'll need to cook for 1-2 minutes longer.)
- Dress with extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.