Quick Black Bean ChiliChili is enjoyed even during the summer months, and this rich, hearty and flavorful version can be prepared in less than 30 minutes!
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 cups or 1 15 oz can (BPA-free) black beans
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Chop onions and mince or press garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes to enhance their health-promoting properties.
- Place all ingredients—except cilantro—in a pot, cover, and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Top with cilantro and serve.
From page 613 of The World's Healthiest Foods book.