Breakfast BagelThis healthy version of an egg sandwich is a great addition to your Healthiest Way of Eating any time of day. It not only tastes great but provides a rich source of manganese, vitamin K and protein among other nutrients. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 whole wheat bagel, toasted
- 1 large egg, preferably organic
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, or any light vinegar
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices avocado
- 2 oz low-fat cheese
- Bring water and 1 tsp vinegar to a light boil in a shallow pan. Make sure there is enough water to cover egg.
- While water is coming to a boil, slice bagel in half and toast.
- Place tomato, avocado, and cheese on top of toasted bagel.
- poach eggs, crack into water and cook about 5 minutes, just until the white is set and the yolk has filmed over. Remove with slotted spoon. Place on top of bagel. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve open faced.