Mediterranean Tomato SaladThis easy to prepare Mediterranean-style salad complements almost any meal.
Prep and Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped into large pieces
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBS lemon juice or vinegar
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 10 fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 6 olives, chopped
- 2 tsp capers
- anchovies (use however much suits your palate)
- Slice onions and mince garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their health-promoting benefits.
- Combine and toss all ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.