Spicy Black Bean BurritoAdd this easy-to-prepare burrito to your Healthiest Way of Eating. It's a great meatless recipe that tastes great!
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups or 1 15 oz can (BPA-free) black beans
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 oz low-fat cheese
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- goat cheese (optional)
- Dice onions and chop garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
- Dice bell peppers.
- Healthy Sauté onions and bell peppers for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, black beans, olive oil, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap 1/2 of mixture and 1 oz of low-fat cheese into each of the two tortillas.
- Top with salsa, and goat cheese (if desired).