WHFoods Menu: Healthy Sautéed Cauliflower with TurmericEnjoy the extra flavor and health benefits from combining cauliflower with turmeric for this easy-to-prepare, great-tasting side dish that will complement almost any meal. See directions for making cauliflower rice below.
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 3/4 cups cauliflower
- 5 TBS low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 TBS Mediterranean Dressing
- 1 TBS chopped cashews
- 2 TBS Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 TBS chopped cilantro
- 1 TBS mango chutney
- 1 TBS chopped cilantro
- Cut cauliflower florets into quarters.
- Press or chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat 5 TBS broth in a stainless steel skillet on medium heat.
- When broth begins to steam, add cauliflower, sprinkle with turmeric and cover. For al dente cauliflower, cook for no more than 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl. For more flavor, toss cauliflower with Mediterranean Dressing while still hot.
Note: you can also make cauliflower rice in the food processor for this recipe. Place 1 inch pieces of cauliflower in the food processor with the s-blade. Pulse until finely chopped, about the size of rice grains. Follow directions in recipe for cooking.