Indian-Style LentilsCombine this tasty lentil dish with rice for a hearty meatless meal to add to your Healthiest Way of Eating. It will provide you with a complete protein as well many other health-promoting nutrients.
Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium size onion, diced
- 1 TBS vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups or 1 15-oz can (BPA free) lentils
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- Dice onions and mince garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out their health-promoting properties.
- Healthy sauté onion in 1 TBS broth for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, turmeric, salt, tomatoes and lentils.
- Simmer covered for 5-7 minutes.
- Add 1 cup frozen spinach and continue simmering for 2 more minutes.
Serve over brown rice.