Garlic Dip For a great appetizer before dinner or as a snack any time of the day, try this quick and easy-to-make dip that goes with any type of fresh cut vegetables (such as carrots, celery, cucumbers, or bell peppers. Vegetable appetizers are a great way to curb your appetite before a meal. (Taken from page 299 of the 2nd edition of the World's Healthiest Foods book.)
Prep and Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups cooked or canned (no BPA) garbanzo beans
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Serve with sliced carrots, cucumbers, celery and/or sliced red bell peppers, or any raw vegetable of your choice.