Mexican Cheese SaladIn this easy addition to your Healthiest Way of Eating enjoy the health-promoting anthocyanins found in black beans, which not only give them their beautiful dark coloration but provide you with protection against free radical activity.
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 cups or 1 15-oz can black or pinto beans (BPA-free), rinsed and drained
- 1 medium avocado, cubed
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 oz low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- salsa, to taste
- juice from lime wedges, to taste
- Chop lettuce and place on salad plate. Sprinkle beans, avocado, and tomato over lettuce.
- Top with cheddar cheese, your favorite salsa, and the juice of lime wedges.