Mediterranean Tabouli SaladThis is a great Mediterranean-style salad. The bulgur does not need to be cooked, just softened, because it has already been steamed, dried, and cracked. Enjoy!
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup wheat bulgur (dry), makes 2 cups after combining with liquid
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, press or chopped
- 3 cups minced fresh parsley
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice or wine vinegar
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place 1 cup wheat bulgur and salt to taste in a bowl. Pour 2 cups boiling water or broth over the bulgur, stir once and let sit for 15-20 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Mince onion and press or chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health properties.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
For added flavor you may want to add more olive oil and lemon juice.