Tan Tan NoodlesThis great tasting recipe will help you add the health-promoting benefits of buckwheat to your Healthiest Way of Eating.
Prep and Cook Time: Prep and cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1/4 lb soba noodles*
- 1/2 cup minced scallion
- 2 TBS peanut butter
- 2 TBS rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 TBS soy sauce
- 1 TBS honey
- 2 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 2-1/2 TBS minced or grated fresh ginger
- 2 TBS water
- pinch cayenne to taste
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- * for those who are gluten-intolerant, it's possible to find soba noodles that are made from 100% buckwheat rather than part buckwheat and part wheat.
Serves 4 as side dish
- Bring lightly salted water to a boil and cook soba noodles according to package instructions.
- While water is coming to a boil, blend sauce ingredients together in a blender and minced scallion.
- Drain noodles, and toss with sauce and scallion.