Fennel Green BeansTry this creative combination of fennel and green beans for a tasty addition to your Healthiest Way of Eating. And it only takes minutes to prepare!
Prep and Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 3 cups thin green beans
- 1/2 cup sliced fennel bulb
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 fresh tomato, seeds and excess pulp removed, chopped
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Slice onion and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Bring water to a boil in a steamer with a tight fitting lid.
- Cut ends off beans and cut into 1-2 inch pieces. Slice fennel and onion.
- Steam beans and onion together for about 3 minutes, and add fennel. Steam for another 2 minutes. Drain well and pat with paper towel so any excess water does not dilute taste.
- Toss with rest of ingredients.