Super Carrot Raisin SaladThis is a great Healthiest Way of Eating recipe that you can enjoy for lunch, dinner, or snack. And it's loaded with health-promoting vitamin A—in fact one serving provides 133% of your Daily Value for this important nutrient!
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2-3 medium carrots (2 cups peeled and shredded)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or canned pineapple
- 1 TBS chopped cilantro
- 2 TBS canned coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 TBS honey
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Blend all dressing ingredients together in blender adding olive oil a little at a time at end.
- Shred carrots in food processor or use a hand grater, which will take a little more time. Depending on how big they are, it will take about 2 or 3 carrots.
- Mix carrots with raisins and pineapple, and toss with desired amount of dressing. Stir in chopped cilantro.