Steamed Salmon and Asparagus with Mustard Dill SauceThe tangy mustard dill sauce is a great complement to both the salmon and asparagus in this Healthiest Way of Eating recipe. It also provides you with excellent sources of health-promoting omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin K, niacin, selenium, protein and tryptophan.
Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1-1/2 lb salmon filet, skin and bones removed and cut into 4 pieces
- 1 + 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 2 bunches asparagus, bottom fourth removed
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Mustard Dill Sauce
- 4 oz silken tofu
- 1 TBS prepared mustard such as Dijon
- 4 TBS fresh dill chopped
- 1 TBS honey
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Bring 2 inches of lightly salted water to a boil in a steamer with a tight fitting lid.
- While water is coming to a boil, put all sauce ingredients except olive oil in a blender and begin to blend on high speed for about one minute. While blender is running, drizzle olive oil in a little at a time. Set aside.
- Snap off tough asparagus ends. When water is at a full boil place asparagus in steamer basket, cover, and cook until asparagus is tender, about 3-5 minutes, depending on thickness. Remove from steamer, toss with 1 TBS lemon juice, 1 TBS olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Rub salmon with 1 TBS lemon juice and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Place salmon in the same steamer basket and steam until pink inside, about 3-4 minutes. Place salmon on a plate and pour desired amount of sauce over it and the asparagus.