15-Minute Turkey Chef's SaladAdd this great tasting Mediterranean-style salad to your Healthiest Way of Eating. It only takes 15 minutes to prepare, and you will enjoy a rich concentration of health-promoting nutrients.
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb mixed salad greens
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves torn into pieces
- 3/4 lb sliced turkey breast
- 1 small jar of prepared roasted peppers (about 7 oz)
- 4 oz Kalamata olives
- 1 1/2 basket cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 medium avocado, cut into cubes
- *optional 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Rinse and dry salad greens. Drying is best done in a salad spinner.
- Divide the greens and rest of ingredients equally on 4 plates.
- Top with goat cheese, if desired.
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper and drizzle on top of salad.