Swiss BreakfastBreakfast is our most important meal and this Swiss Breakfast recipe is a nutritious and tasty way to start the day. It has a unique combination of sweetness and tartness and can be served hot or cold so it's a great breakfast dish to include as part of your Healthiest Way of Eating year-round.
Prep and Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBS raisins
- 2 TBS sliced almonds
- 2 TBS dried apricots, chopped
- 2 TBS sunflower seeds
- 1 date, chopped
- 1 TBS dried cranberries
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil.
- Add mixed ingredients. Turn heat to low and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally until water is absorbed, about 7 minutes.
- Cover, and set for about 2 minutes before serving.
- Serve with low-fat milk or dairy-free milk.
Healthy Cooking Tips:
You can make a larger batch of this breakfast cereal to have on hand.