Curried LentilsThis great-tasting meat-free dish tastes even better the second day! Kale is an unusual ingredient in this type of recipe, but not only does it add extra flavor, it also provides extra health benefits.
Prep and Cook Time: prep time: 15 minutes; cooking time: 30 minute
- Rinse lentils in strainer and sort through, removing debris.
- Chop onions and garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in medium soup pot. Healthy Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for 5 minutes stirring frequently, until translucent.
- Add garlic, carrots, and celery. Continue to sauté for another couple of minutes. Add curry powder and mix to bring out its flavor.
- Add rinsed and drained lentils, 4 cups broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer uncovered until lentils and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add kale and simmer for another 30 minutes. Add cilantro and season with salt and pepper to taste.